Showing 1–15 of 36 results
Marble stoneو special the Iranian one is one the beautiful building stones. this stone has a large variety of colors and textures. it is important to consider the conditions of usage because each stone type has any advantages and disadvantages. so the best usage of marble is where the disadvantages don’t play any role.
Marble vs Travertine
Marble is very similar to travertine. one way to recognize the stone type is the pitted holes.
- unlike travertine, marble has very very lower holes than travertine.
- the texture of marble in most sorts are uniform.
- the weight of marble is a little more than travertine
- unlike travertine marble in most cases used indoor
Disadvantages of marble
- A marble with a polished finish has a slippery surface and it could cause some troubles in the case of flooring usage.
- Vulnerability to Acidity and water.
- low persistence in surface against scratches
Advantages of marble
- beautiful color and textures
- suitable for indoor materials
- suitable price
- Good resistance against
Marble stone usage in building
because of marble specifics, this building stone is a suitable choice as a building interior material that is used in stairs, floors, and wall cladding. in addition, marble can be used outside the building. but with a thickness of more than 2.5 centimeters as flooring and stairs with natural finish. for example, the Azadi tower of Tehran with more than 50 years old has a marble as a facade.
Some Common Types of Iran Marble
there are many types of marble in Iran with a large variety of colors and textures. the below list is some of the common types of marble:
- Abade Marble
- Spider Marble
- Arsanjan Marble
- Joshqan Marble
- Jiroft Marble
- Dehbid Marble (Ara – Shayan – Zare)
- Simakan Marble
- Mahkam Marble
- Hersin Marble
- Khoy Marble
- Gohareh Marble
- Diomond Marble
- Anarak Marble
- Najaf Abad Marble
Price of Marble stone
there are many factors that affect of marble pricing:
the type – mine – sort of marble
the lower vein, the more expensive
the color and texture
the thickness and size
in Iran the range of marble price is between $3 to $10